The Republic of Union of Myanmar
National Unity Government
Ministry of Health
16th August 2022
- The National Health Committee (NHC), the COVID-19 Task Force (CTF) and the Ministry of Health, National Unity Government have repeatedly issued statements, encouraging UN agencies and non-governmental international organizations to implement immunization activities and humanitarian assistance based in accordance with the people-centred three fundamental principles: (a) People First (b) Transparency (c) Equal and balanced communication with all stakeholders.
- The estimated immunization coverage in Myanmar after the unlawful military coup in 2021 is observed to be 48%, 37%, 44% for BCG, DPT3 and MR1 respectively. Therefore, more than half of the 950,000 children under the age of one year have not been fully vaccinated. The children <5 years old in all parts of Myanmar, including ethnic areas are now the risks of vaccine preventable diseases.
- The Ministry of Health, National Unity Government has continuously engaged with UN agencies, international non-governmental organizations in order to get support and the access to and support humanitarian assistance and health needs including routine vaccinations for children.
- The Ministry of Health, National Unity Government has repeatedly communicated in writing and requested to the World Health Organization (WHO) not to be silent on repeated terrorist attacks of the military council on health care services (hospitals and clinics) and healthcare workers after the unlawful military coup and to prevent Myanmar healthcare workers from the atrocities committed by the terrorist military council.
- Therefore, we urge UN organizations and non-governmental international organizations to provide humanitarian assistance and health care services support including the vaccines required for children under five years of age, and COVID-19 vaccines for everyone affected by the conflict and forced to desert homes and the ethnic people in the border region, in accordance with the people-centred three fundamental principles, and to prevent and take action in a timely and effective manner against the terrorist acts of the military council.
Ministry of Health,
National Unity Government.
To Download PDF Myanmar Version( 159 KB) : Click Here
To Download PDF English Version( 112 KB) : Click Here
Published on: 16 August 2022
Last Updated: 16 August 2022