The Republic of Union of Myanmar
National Unity Government
Ministry of Health
8th July 2022
1. It has come to our knowledge that on 29th June 2022, extremists from the terrorist military council arbitrarily detained, tortured, killed and burnt nine innocent civilians that included under aged children near Palaing Village in Shwe Bo Township, Sagaing Region. The four deceased females were Ma Pa Pa Khine (14 years), Ma Win Ei Kyaw (15 years), Ma Naing Naing Aung (24 years) and Ma Thit Thit Hlaing (34 years). The five deceased males were Ko Pho Htoung (17 years), Ko Phone Kyaw (17 years), Ko Thein Than Oo (21 years), Ko Aung Kyaw Moe (27 years) and Ko Pho Nyein (27 years).
2. The fallen nine comrades were from Wetlet Township who on their way to Ayadaw Township to attend a first aid nursing/medical course when they were forcibly detained, tortured, killed and then burnt by the armed forces of the terrorist military council.
3. On 4th July 2022, the terrorist military council using two of its jet fighters bombed the Arakan Army (AA) base in the territory of KNLA Brigade 5, Kayin State, near the Thai-Myanmar border killing 6 AA army personnel and destroyed medical facilities and other buildings in the base.
4. The fact that the terrorist military council is blatantly targeting healthcare workers, healthcare facilities, ambulances and healthcare delivery with intent, is in contravention of the Geneva Conventions and the United Nations Security Council’s Resolution (2286) and is brazenly breaking all national and international laws.
5. The Ministry of Health, National Unity Government of Myanmar strongly condemns these atrocities committed by the terrorist military council and strongly urges the international community to take appropriate action to prevent these atrocities from taking place.
6. The Ministry stands together with and offers our condolences to the families of all those fallen healthcare workers, innocent victims and the revolutionaries. The Ministry also vows to seek judicial redress for the lives of those innocent members of the public and the healthcare workers. We pledge and vow that the terrorist military council and its extremist will see justice served on them and that the military dictatorship is uprooted and we will, together with the public, strive towards building a federal democratic union.
Ministry of Health,
National Unity Government
To Download Myanmar Version: Click Here
To Download English Version: Click Here
Published on: 8 July 2022
Last Updated: 8 July 2022